Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Conversations with Korean students


I am going to start posting my favourite conversations with my Korean students. This may or may not happen a) whenever I feel like it and b) never again. After all, what good is it teaching for a year (and then stopping) if I don't get to exploit my students for the funny things they say.

Girl Student 1: (Out of nowhere) "Teacher, you have girlfriend?"
Me: " 'Do you have a girlfriend,' Pearl."
Girl Student 1: "DO you have girlfriend?"
Me: "No"
Girl Student 2: "Really?"
Me: "Really. No girlfriend for me."
GS2: (very sagely) "I can't believe it."
GS3: "Me too."

Thanks for the vote of confidence girls!


Student 1: (I'm wearing my glasses.) "OH teacher you have glasses?"
Me: "Yes. Usually I wear contact lenses."
Student 1: "It's better I think."
Student 2: "I think so."
(skip to the end of class. everyone else is gone)
Student 1: "Teacher?"
Me: "Yes?"
Student 1: "Please never wear your glasses. You look like grandfather."
Me: "(lol) OK"

No comments: